Saturday, August 6, 2011

Today was one of those days where you appreciate all the things your parents do. Ya know, like grounding you for weeks, taking away driving privileges, I could say more but I think it would frighten someone. But as I sit at home on a Saturday night, I am happy. I am at peace and could careless about what the World is doing at the moment. I read a talk last night by Richard G. Scott, and boy was it a good one. He told a story how he once grew a brush that wanted to grow into a tree. He pruned it and imagined the bush being sad with him. He told the bush that he knew the plan for him, and he was meant to be a bush. Later in life Scott had an experience where he had not gained the opportunity he had wanted. He was angry with God, but soon thought of that earlier story. He knew God was preparing him to become an apostle by 'pruning' him, and just did not know it at the time. This talk meant so much to me, because I feel like I am the little bush getting pruned. My parents are chastening me, because with the help of God they can see what is best for me at this point in time. It is hard to learn lessons, but I am so thankful that my parents care for me enough, to help me through the rough times in my life. :) 

1 comment:

  1. dude i love you... this is the perfect post. thanks for being a friend(:
    --ZOE

    ReplyDelete