Thursday, August 4, 2011

Accept, Respect, Perfect.

Every Sunday I am very blessed to have the opportunity to go to church. In YW, Sister Suzee Mower gave a GREAT lesson. Her whole lesson was along the lines of church callings. She taught us to 'Accept, Respect, and then Perfect' our church callings. That day it didn't mean more than a simple statement. But as the week rolled on, more thoughts on the matter came to me. This simple principle can be applied to various things in our lives. The thoughts on this led me to realize this can apply to our families. God has given us callings, just like he has given us families. We were given these wonderful people in our lives to be our family members for a reason. And even if we don't know now, we someday will. I think accepting our family for who they are, then learning to respect them and what they do, and coming together to perfect ourselves through them is a good way to find peace in the home. I now will accept my family, for what we are now, and what we will become. I will come to respect them by showing them love. And then I will be able to perfect myself better, with the help of my family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment