Monday, January 23, 2012

Words

Everyday we hear words. They are spoken to us, we read them, we think them. Constant messages are being thrown at us. We are constantly having messages, whether that be verbal, text, email, the list continues. With all these conversations we have everyday, just try and think how your words have affected the world. Did you make someone's day by telling them a compliment? Did you give someone hope by giving them encouragement? Or even just the fact you acknowledged someone's presence? Think of all the good you can do with your words everyday. Now think of the opposite. What harm can your words do. Can you ruin someones day with a rude comment? Did you gossip about someone and they found out? There are so many possibilites for good and bad that you can do with your words... Recently I had an experience that honeslty changed the way I will talk forever. Words were thrown at me and I honestly thought they were daggers. I had never hurt so bad from words before in my life. I didn't know how to respond. I wanted to throw every mean word I had right back at that person. But in the end, what good does it do? For me to respond just as childish as the person who hurt me, wouldn't make me feel any better. Yes I would have the satisfaction of getting my thoughts off my chest, but in the end I would just have made that person feel just as rotten as I had felt! I made a vow to myself that I would never let my words ever make a person feel so worthless and bad. I want my words to be remembered. By that, I want them to mean something. I want people to feel happy and special when they talk to me, and know that I will never use my words against them. As I strive to make this goal a reality it won't only just make me feel better, but the people I am around as well. I can't wait to see the results of my new change, and hopefully it will inspire others to want to speak nice to and of others as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment